Questions About the ATI 9600 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipside94

1. I have a Sony Vaio desktop model #PCV-RX650, I my current video card is a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/ Model 64 Pro (in other words can't game... ie-can't play Call of Duty, etc) I want to upgrade, 7 was looking @ the Ati Radeon 9600XT, but do not know if my power can supply this card. Also, I think I have the physical space to add it to one of my AGP slots. I know with this card I will be using half of it's potential, since i my motherboard is only 4X AGP, but fiure I can use this card for a new PC later.

2. Second Question is are OEM's really that much slower than the real thing ATI can offer compared to the original REAL cards, even if they still say they offer the 500 Mhz clock speed on the OEM? I am trying to weigh price vs. value w/ the OEM vs. real ATI card

Any help would be appreciated...
thanks ahead of time

The power supply ratings should be on the side of the PS. What are the
Most OEM 9600XT's are the same as the ATI but Ive seen some lite versions running at 400mhz. Check Newegg.com. They show the clock and memory speeds of all their cards.

Thanks vegas gmc...where would i find the clock speeds on the real ATI cards...probably on ATI's website I suppose?!?

flipside94 said:
Thanks vegas gmc...where would i find the clock speeds on the real ATI cards...probably on ATI's website I suppose?!?
they have ATI cards on Newwegg.com too, so their speed should be listed as well.

just search for ATI cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back