quick barbone kit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyhit2

yea im going to buy a barebone kit soon, i htink, since my emachines blew my PSU and MOBO, so if i buy a barebone say amd prolly, im going to need to buy the windows XP OS cd right? cuz the dont come with it already right? thank you

Yep, you'll need an OS.
You can buy XP Media Center OEM and get a free OEM copy of Vista Home Premium from probably any site that will sell you a barebones system.

yes you would, a barebone kit consists of mainly a mobo, ram, cpu, no hdd. (depending on your choice of barebone some do have hdd) and if it just blew you mobo, why not just get barebone w/o a hdd and then put your hdd then out in your old hdd (yet generally it is better to format and do a clean install of your os when installing a new mobo, but its not required)

ahh id stay away from vista, lots of bugs, but otherwise it looks like a great os

hm

yea im oging to get a barebone that just has basically a PSU MOBO and CPU, since i have ream, a hdd and disk drives to put in and a video card, so i dont need to buy the windows xp and it will work?

yea im fine with just xp home, its what i been using. stupid poopy computers, waste my 1000 lol, too bad if u want good ones you have to pay a fortune, the one im on is 3000 :S

Then buy XP Home, but i don't think those are getting free upgrades to Home Premium, but maybe they are.

Stay away from vista all you want, but you'd be a fool to not get it if it was free. You don't have to install it, when Service Pack 1 or 2 come out for it you can slipstream it into your existing CD and then you have a good copy of Vista. It isn't going to be buggy forever, just look at XP.

///

ok well if i put my old hdd in the barebone and turn it on, everything should work fine cuz xp is on my hdd right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back