Quick Launch Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
I help out several of the members of our retirement village and have noticed that some have the Quick Launch bar on the left while others have it on the right. Is there any way to edit the registry to locate it on the left?
Thanks

Mine is on the left. I tried dragging it to the right, nothing happens???
I am only referring to the Quick Launch section of the Task Bar, not the whole Task Bar.

You will need to right click on the taskbar and choose "Lock the Taskbar" and make sure it does NOT have a tick by it. If it does, tick it to get rid of it. You should now be able to drag it to where you would like. Then when finished just right click and lock the taskbar again so it can't get accidentally moved.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Sorry,we seem to be getting confused here.
Maybe I should clarify it.
I am not referring to the TASKBAR.
I am referring to the Quick Launch section of the taskbar only.
On my computer this is the small group of icons immediately to the right of the START button, which can be single clicked to launch a programme.
There must be a item in the registry which determines it's location.
On some computers it is on the left while others have it on the right.

1) unlock the taskbar
2) drag & drop the quick-launch bar (once you've unlocked the taskbar, there will be a small handle right next to the quick-launch area, use that handle to drap&drop the quick-launch bar).

I finally did it. Maybe it was I that was getting confused, but the last post, being more specific, nailed it for me. It is probably what the other guys meant also.
Many thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back