Quick PSU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaf

Im not very technical with pc's. Im jus wondering if power supplies are standard and fit any computer case. There aren't different sizes are they? Im buying an Antec 430w TruePower PSU. Also i was wondering are PSU's extremely hard to fit, or are they ok to install? The only reason im buying one is becuase this one ive got at current is powerman 250w, and im buying a new vid card soon, so i want a PSU higher than 250w.

Cheers for help :) :) :)

As long as your PSU and case follow the same standard, then you are okay. That Antec PSU (nice PSU btw) you are trying to get follows the ATX standard. So if you have an ATX case, all is swell. :)

If you have an OEM computer such as from Dell, etc., they may have non-standard motherboards, case, and/or PSU. So an ATX PSU may not work correctly.

Yo brownpaper cheers for that advice. Erm i have a computer from the OEM 'Time Computers' its pretty new. It has an In-win/Powerman 250w PSU. The motherboard is an 'MSI K7N2GM-L. Would this current power supply and motherboard suggest I have an ATX case?

Thanx for help and replies :) :) :D

No Jaf, that motherboard is a mATX [MicroATX], so you most probably have a mATX case (unless you have one of the cases thats ATX but take mATX mobos, but I doubt it). I believe that Antec should still work in your mATX case, but from what Brownpaper is saying maybe not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back