Quick Question Motherboard,8800GTX and PSU Compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will these all work with each other, i read a review on Newegg that said its missing a pin the -5v thus making it 23 pins whats the deal with that. Also will this PSU have enough power to take 8800GTX's in sli....?thx

PSU
Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TÜV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB

Motherboard
eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics Card
eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

You have no need for a 650 watt PSU unless you are putting in two of those 8800s. Maybe look for a 750 watt psu or something if you are just to be safe.

Also, did I misunderstand you or did you want to put two 8800's in? If so, thats massive, massive overkill. Most gamers dont have a need for anthing over 512 atm, so even looking towards the future, 1 gig would be great for even a number of years yet. You never know when they somehow get AGP faster than PCIE or something...

Nice motherboard though.

One 8800GTX is more than enough for games today. It can run Oblivion at 1600x1200 maxed out with an average of 70FPS for chrissakes! You can put another one in later if u do find the need though. For one 8800GTX, that PSU will be perfect.

No Kidding

Did you see Nvidia's new chipset ? The ability to have 3 cards in SLI ? Thats the main reason the 8800's have dual SLI bridges.

I have a 8800 on the way so i wont point any fingers, but a single card is amazingly powerful, 2 would be extreme overkill for the here and now, but 3 would set you up for the next 2-3 years lol.

well I must have done something wrong with that psu calc tool, it is early here now though and only have 1 cup of coffee so far :)

according to it I need a 1212w psu :)

I think ill save the bm and try it when awake :)

You'd need the Enermax Galaxy or the PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool in that case. Both are 1kW PSUs and cost a ****load of cash. ;) As stated before, one 8800GTX is enough so get that and have fun!

Why would you need 3 8800s? I wonder what the 3DMark score would be :haha:

That's like $1200 ( each costing $400 as I saw on Newegg.com )

You could build a equaly good system with SLI 7900s for same price or a little more ;)

If I was ganna buy a new graphics card it would be the new one from ATI because it's alot better

It's not proven yet. Let's wait for some benchmarks and then decide. For now however, the 8800GTX is the cream of the crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back