Quick question on UDMA cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the specifications for the A7N8X Deluxe it comes with 2 UltraDMA cables, 133 and 133/100/66.

does this mean the 133 will only work on hard drives and cd's that support it?

My hd is a seagate UDMA100, and the cd a cheapo sony make.
I dont wish to have them both on the same ribbon, so would I need to purchase a 2nd one? Or could one of the devices actually be used on the 133 cable?

hope that makes sense ~_^

-t

Connect them both any way you like, as it won't affect performance. You can use the 133 cable without any problem, and its preferable to the older style cables.

I have a follow up to my original query, might be specific to people who've used this board.
Basically I cant work out which cables which o.O The manual was a bit confusing on this

heres a pic of the two:
ribbons.JPG

So is anyone possibly able to tell me which is the UDMA 133 and which is the UDMA 133/100/66?

A UDMA 66 cable is the same as a UDMA 133 cable - it's just a 40 pin 80 conductor cable. The one with finer wire will probably be your UDMA 66/100/133 cable, but from what you said I think the wires will function the same way.

From the picture it looks as if the lower one is a 40 connector cable - you can see thicker wires and the plugs aren't color coded. You should use that cable for the CD-ROM drive to avoid performance penalty for the HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back