Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
2GB Crucial Ballistix DD2800
ATI x1900xtx
Antec 650watt PS
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Windows XP x64 Edition

Problem:
All runs well, however framerates arent as good as i'd expect...especially with that GPU (shes a beast)
With everything maxed at 1600x1200 i only get around 60-70 fps in CS: Source and HL2
Could the mobo be holding back? The reason I ask is my roommate has a lesser setup, at least graphically as follows:
Core 2 Duo e6400
BFG 7600 GS
2gb cheap ddr2
450watt PS
but importantly: Asus P5B Deluxe mobo

He gets similiar and sometimes better framerates on this much crappier card...what gives???

is my problem the cheap intel board im using?

Cvillesvx said:
you're kidding me...NO ONE is going to answer this...

It's only been 1 day since this post was open, dont expect us to piss our pants or something when you post a topic, It will get answered in time...

With everything maxed at 1600x1200 i only get around 60-70 fps in CS: Source and HL2

That's actualy pretty good, The reason your Frame Rate is low is because you have a higher resolution on ( and maybe Anti-alias? ) but still 60-70 is pretty good! Anything over a certant number ( A rate that the human eye cant see which is like 100FPS ) will start to screen tear and look weird

You should be glad you have that high of FPS in games because most of us cant have a great system decked out with awesome stuff

Also... Welcome to Techspot! :D

Could it be the operating system? Are all the drivers (motherboard, graphics card, etc.) x64 versions?

yeah, those framerates are with AA 8x/AF 16x/1600x1200/vertical sync on/HDR Full. etc etc...completely maxed out in everything each game has. F.E.A.R of course is the only one that dips down below 50 maxed. Thanks again

Well still, Usualy when people put AA / AF + a high resolution their Framerate goes to like -10fps :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back