Quick Temp Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

red reaper0

Basically my computers been running about 8 hours ( sad huh ) idle and extensive use ( DL and games ) so I want to know if these temps are good.

CPU -Average about 43c ( goes upto bout 55c )
SYS -Between 50c and 56 c
AUX -46c (Constant)
HD0 -45c (Constant )

Im not to much of an expert in temsp so if you can tell me how these temps are doing itd be great.
Thanks Much - Rdpr0 -

None of the temps are bad, although the system temp is a little higher than average. A fan or 2 wouldn't be a bad investment if your case supports any additional ones.

No problem, as i said, your temps are ok, nothing to worry about.

My ethos is - you can never overcool a pc.

Techspot should really enforce the reading of stickies that already have answers to most questions people ask.

CMH said:
Techspot should really enforce the reading of stickies that already have answers to most questions people ask.

Nice idea CMH.

Unfortunately, there`s no way we can force members to read the stickies.

I suspect it takes a while for new members to get the hang of things around here.

Regards Howard :)

CMH said:
there is a way, just delete all threads that is answered in stickies lol :D

Hell, if we were to do that, there wouldn`t be many threads left lol.

Not to mention the amount of work involved for the mods :p

All we can do, is gently point members in the right direction.

Regards Howard :)

yes.. a gentle "prod" in the back always helps.. as well as a link or two :)

red reaper0, have you considered giving your pc a good dusting (with some compressed air of course)?
i'd garuntee at least a 5`C decrease in temps...

i'd garuntee at least a 5`C decrease in temps.

I dont know about that. From personal experience I would say maybe 1c but deffinetly not 5 have you ever actually seen that happen N3051M

Depends on how much dust there is in a system, you can even get a 30C lower temp. For that to happen you probably need your PC running 24/7 for.... 7 years? Without dusting it once of course.

Either that or have your computer running in an asbestos factory :D

Or better yet, maybe smoke near your comps :D

yep.. cmh beat me to the punch.. it depends on how bad the dust is inside the thing.. but thats usualy my average when i go clean my rig every "few" months.. ok.. maybe more than a few months :p

nice and quiet afterwards too.. :)

Lol, I needa clean my rig quite often. Kinda like the drawback of having those thin finned heatsinks. I never cleaned my rig (unless its for a LAN or something) before I installed my aftermarket cooler.

But smoking is bad for your health and the health of your computer :D

red reaper0 said:
CPU -Average about 43c ( goes upto bout 55c )
rik said:
your temps are ok, nothing to worry about
that depends on what CPU red has. those temps are ok for an intel or an athlonXP, but if red has an Athon64 he's only 5c away from it's max temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back