Quicken 2004 or the monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Quicken 2004 or the monitor?

A friend who has a 4-year-old Dell Dimension running Windows 98SE with 128MG and has a Dell Sony Trinitron 21 inch monitor.

We just installed Quicken 2004 and when he clicks on something in that program the screen doesn't completely refresh and seems to hang up. I don't know if he waited long enough if it would clear up. But at this point he closes Quicken and then his desktop is lighter (sometimes). If he clicks and blank space the desktop clears up.

It's not happening in any other program.

What's say you?

Under' processes 'in Task manager how much processor is being used while Quicken is trying to load?I have had that problem with another application.I discovered that when I install programs I shutdown as many processes as possible before I load.Especially programs that try to access the internet during installation.

Just to make myself clear. Quicken installed properly, it's after the program is open and he starts clicking on different categories taht things get slow or freeze.

I'm just saying I don't trust quicken programs.;)

In the other thread it was prolly a Quicken service messing around so you could say the program was running.

Originally posted by thewolfe
Just to make myself clear. Quicken installed properly, it's after the program is open and he starts clicking on different categories taht things get slow or freeze.
Quicken is either conflicting with some other process or is not loaded cleanly.
That is why it might help to try what I mentioned above ,Your going to have to uninstall it anyway.But before you do see if it (or some other item is grabbing an excessive amount of CPU time.

It might be hard for him to look at CPU usage in Task Manager since he's using Windows98.:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back