Quicktime errors on windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to run quicktime 7.2 I get "Buffer overrun detected". I tired to Uninstall quicktime, that generated an error "Error detected in Install".
I tried to reinstall quicktime but the same errors detected in install occurs at the end of the installation. Anyone with a siggested solution Please?

Reboot in safe mode and uninstall from either the program's own remove option or the windows uninstall process. Reboot as normal, then download
and reinstall the latest edition. This presumes you are running either XP or Vista.

Thank you. In safe mode running with running window uninstall the same error message came up at the end of the unistall " error detected "
Any other suggestion?

Go into Regedit (Run>type regedit) Go to Hkey Current User> Software> Apple Computers and delete the Quicktime reference. Go into Hkey LocalMachine>software>Apple Computer and delete Quicktime from there. Then go to C: Program Files, Apple, Quicktime and delete the folder. Restart the computer and download and install a fresh copy of Quicktime without the Antivirus program running.

If you just need the codecs you can try quicktime alternative, it has the codecs without the worthless player in my opionion and runs faster too.

There is a CERT advisory issued 30 nov 07 about quicktime player. It contains an already-exploited vulnerability for which there is currently no fix. You are advised (by CERT) to disable Quicktime.

Personally, a few weeks ago I also picked up a suspicious package purporting to be a quicktime updater, so I decided for the moment that Quicktime is to be removed completely. Windows mediaplayer seems ok to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back