Quicktime malfunctioning after new install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubar

Hi,

I've got loads of video tutorials I've been using for ages. I've just upgraded my mobo, processor and gpu (opteron 175 and 7800 gt 256) and reinstalled windows.

My tutorials don't work properly now; I've tried the newest quicktime, the one that came with them, and some inbetween (uninstalling each time). Althought the individual files work and play fine, there is a "starthere.exe" that acts as a hub and menu. I need it because there are dozens of short files making up each one. When I try and launch them from the hub, I get a warning "quicktime has encountered an unexpected error and had to close..." with the newest quicktime, and various artefacts with the packeged versioin.

How can I figure out what is wrong and fix it?

thanks,

gubar

Here is another file created after the error. These are really important to me - if anyone can make sense of them, please help.

Thanks,

gubar

>>there is a "starthere.exe" that acts as a hub and menu.

where did this come from??? it's not part of quicktime!

jobeard said:
>>there is a "starthere.exe" that acts as a hub and menu.

where did this come from??? it's not part of quicktime!

Hi jobeard,

it's true that the .exe is not part of quicktime. It's an application with a menu, which opens the quicktime movies. But, the error does reference quicktime I believe, making me think that is where the problem lies. Also, the fact that there are different errors depending on the version I use... possibly I'm wrong about that?

cheers

gubar

hum; try updating your program or verifying that it runs with the current version of QT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back