Quicktime video won't display

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus_triangle

Hi, Lately my quicktime has stopped working properly ( v7 ). The videos i play won't display anymore, only the audio works on some live stream but with no display. On mostly everything i try to view through quicktime a Quick time question mark appears and the live stream doesn't play.

this started a week ago with no apparent reason for this happening. I don't know maybe i did something to cause this, but i don't know if I can change the default settings in a way to fix quicktime directly, or, if maybe its something to do with something else. I tried re-downloading quicktime stand alone player but the same problem persists. any help or recommendations you can give will be very helpful. I posted this on other sites but no one writes me back. thank you.

If you're live streaming from a website, it can a number of things, such as your firewall is blocking the connection, the site doesn't support quicktime movies anymore etc. Easiest way to test if its only isolated to your pc or not is to open the website/file on another pc, and see if it runs..

If you're live streaming from a website, it can a number of things, such as your firewall is blocking the connection..

Well, I know that its my pc only because other people i know don't have the same problem. secondly this just recently happened the past week or so. I mean even if I load up any page with quicktime pluggins nothing that is quicktime can be displayed. like the home page of techspot here for example, question marks appear everywhere that a quicktime pluggin would be.

so i guess the question is if it is my firefox that is blocking it, do you know how to stop it from doing so? because i really don't have a clue what to do. Thanks.

did you update your graphics drivers recently? If you have an NVIDIA card, the latest driver and the beta do not support quicktime.

fall back to 81.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back