Radeon 9200 SE Sapphire PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

avirex

Hi

Okay, to start this off I did do research and my issue is similar to this thread:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic13466.html

I play CS and I have a Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (AGP CARD). I get 100fps when i dont see any action, when I see people and they start shooting back my FPS drops to about 50-70 FPS. I disabled Vsync, I install the latest ATI catalyst, and i turned all functions from Quality to PERFORMANCE. I tried ati_npatch 0 and ati_subdiv 0, i tried various other commands but no change. I am running OpenGL.. (my other specs: intel pentium 4 3 ghz, 512mb ram, 40gb hd)

Please.. Help me

I appreciate it

Akirru I recently just downloaded that driver and when i was about to install the driver disconnected my internet so I exitted, is this supposed to happen or is this something i shouldnt download?

Strange, they installed fine for me. Although if you play other newer games as well as 1.6 these might not be ideal as they are based on an older cat set (3.8s). These are the best 1.6 drivers though :bounce:

AKirru said:
Strange, they installed fine for me. Although if you play other newer games as well as 1.6 these might not be ideal as they are based on an older cat set (3.8s). These are the best 1.6 drivers though :bounce:

I hear a lot of people talk about the older drivers (catalysts 3.8) I heard they are good for my video card rather than the newer catalysts. However, when I installed the 3.7 ATI catalyst, i couldnt even open CS at opengl nor could i change my monitor's refresh rate from 60 to another higher

Try the 4.12's (that is what I use atm) They seem to work great with new and old games incl. 1.6. I currently play both BF2 and CS1.6 and they both run fine.
It is also said that they are the fastest Cat's available for most games :)

You can find them on www.guru3d.com (archive) or possibly on the techspot site.

Erm I'd recommend using the ati driver remover and that can be found on their site >> http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

Andy

Okay i downloaded the 4.12 driver, before i did i went to control panal and uninstalled the old driver that was there

but i still get fps drop :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back