radeon 9200 series Graphics Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any one help
This has got to the stage where I am going to dicard this card,
Its a radeon 9200 series 128mb,
I have contacted the manufacturer with no success, downloaded all the up to date drivers, changed my monitor settings .. the list continues
the problem is when I play games , Doom half Life Medal of Honour, ( by the way the PC is a 1.6 Ghz with 500 + of ram these games worked fine on Win 2000 but on XP there`s a problem) this being that the graphics flicker and you can see behind certain images, not explained very well I know but the images flicker on and off in like triangle blocks so if you looking at say a wall , the wall is there but it flickers to black triangles.. if anyone can understand waht I`m saying maybe they could advise
Thanks

I'm asuming you have Cats 5.12.
Does the card have a heatsink and a fan? If it does, is the fan working correctly?

If it is, then you've got a bugged GPU, see if you can get it replaced.

Hah! Knackered! I like that. Don't throw that beast away. Not yet. It could be a system problem. But there is probably some poor sap on here who would love to try to figure it out. Maybe like me. :D Seriously, how's your system stability with with Windows XP. A lot of errors will show up under Windows XP that wouldn't under, say, Windows 98SE.

Try opening the case and have a blower cool the card. If the problem persists then the card is faulty - not sure wether the Gpu or the memory...

Hey this problem used to be there for one of my friends too. He had a Jetway Radeon 9200SE and this problem used to be there for him in Doom 3 too. But he says it only started from him after he first exited Hell. And it was only in Doom 3. Half Life 2 worked fine for him. Just so u would know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back