Radeon 9200 Vs. Geforce FX 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know which one is better? I was surfing on Newegg.com and noticed the had a 256 mb ddr 9200 that runs at 200mhz(core speed) and 400mhz(Effective Speed), but they had a FX 5200 256 mb ddr that runs at 250mhz(Core) and 332mhz(Effective). I couldn't find a 5200 with 256mb that runs the same as the Radeon... if you know of a webstore that has one plz give me link, if the FX 5200 is better. So can someone plz tell me which card would be the best. Link to Geforce, and link to Radeon

Dude, with the X800 cards now becoming available on the market, prices are dropping fast on vid cards. Hold of for another couple weeks at least.

Both of the cards you are mentioning are junk, to be perfectly honest. Well, at least if you play PC games they are. Wait, and get yourself a 9800 Pro as the price comes down!

Hmmm, then again, I beleive your motherboard only supports 4x mode......

Dear people with more knowledge than me (and there are many of you)........ with a board that only supports 4x VGA, is it worth it to spend the extra cash on the latest cards?

We certainly need to have more information on what you're planning on doing with the cards before we can give any advice.

As allready mentionned, both of these cards are far from being gaming powerhouses but still better then your onboard VGA.

In the end, you might be better off getting a 2nd hand GF4 or an ATI 9500 if you wish to play games on a tight budget.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

One thing, I have a limited amount of money, I know they're crap compared to the other ones that are out there, but I dont have any money, I'm not old enough to get a job so I have to rely on allowance and very rare opportunities. My MB doesn't have an AGP slot so I'm looking for something that will hold me off that is PCI 'till I have have a job or enough money to build my own kickass computer. So can anyone tell me which one is better? And I wasn't going to buy them now maybe in a month or 2 because I have to get a new TV, I was just wondering which one would be the best for future reference.

I was wondering more than half of the time the Radeon 9000 and 8500 ran better than the 9200 and FX 5200.. am I missing something? Also why is the Radeon 9600 SE so terrible...?

Originally posted by Kotaro
I was wondering more than half of the time the Radeon 9000 and 8500 ran better than the 9200 and FX 5200.. am I missing something? Also why is the Radeon 9600 SE so terrible...?

The 9600SE is so awful because the bus width has been halved. While it does DDR and a reasonable clock speed, it's 64-bit, which is embarrasing these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back