Radeon 9250 PCI Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,

I recently purchased this card (two days ago) and cannot get the system to boot at all. Forget the Window drivers...if I cannot even get a BIOS screen at boot-up (NO POST), then Windows is not the problem.

I am running an ASUS P2B-S mobo with a 550MHz PIII and 512MB SDRAM. This is a SCSI workstation system. All perpherals are SCSI interface. The monitor is a AOC LM914 LCD. The mobo does have an AGP slot, but I have disabled it in the setup BIOS and set the default for PCI.

One of the ATI tech "sheets" indicated disabling all shadowing and caching of anything relation to the video memory in the BIOS setup. I did...still nothing but a black screen and the system refuses to do anything upon power-up...just sits there...forever.

I am sure this card's installation problems have been stated at many other message boards, but it should have a pretty straightforward answer somewhere.

Any ideas??

My PII 350 had an AGP slot for graphics cards. It's now running a PIII 500 and a Radeon 9200SE card. Perhaps you should recheck whether your motherboard uses an AGP slot? I thought PCI cards were before the PIII era. They're back now with PCI express. I've no idea what would have happened if I'd tried to install a PCI graphics card but wouldn't be surprised if it caused problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back