Radeon 9250 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem:
I recently bought a Radeon 9250 256mb PCI graphics card and put it in my PC. However my computer cannot detect this card, so all I get is a black screen. When I put the monitor cable in my backup monitor plug I checked the Device Manager and found the card was not listed. Also when I try to install the drivers I am told that I don't have any hardware that can use them.

Technical:
My computer's motherboard is a D915Gav, my BIOS is set to use the PCI card first, I am able to run a Nvidia 6200 graphics card in the PCI slot without any problems, and the Radeon 9250 card works fine in my old computer.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Boot up in safe mode as an admin. Go into the device manager and delete the drivers for your onboard graphics.

Shut down your system, unplug, install new card. Hook monitor up to new card.

Turn on system, go into bios and re-confirm it is set to boot up from PCI. Also, look for any options in your bios to disable onboard graphics.

Is windows detecting the card at this point? It should be asking you for the drivers for the card.

If not, another possibility is that your motherboard uses jumpers for disabling the onboard graphics. Check your user manual to see if this is the case. I doubt this is your problem however, since you are able to use the 6200. My guess is, you aren't correctly uninstalling the onboard graphics.

Good luck!

i would stick with the 6200, but if you must change them out that is your decision.

does the 9250 even show a POST screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back