Radeon 9250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conjon

Trying to play Counter Strike:Source with this card. Worked OK untill an update came out, and it says my card is out of date (makes the game freeze constantly). I have been on Counter Strike support, tells me to upgrade the drivers etc. I load on the catalyst suite yet it doesnt upgrade. Any ideas? I've tried for ages.
Thanks.

Sorry i think I put this in the wrong forum, but still please post.

Yep, definitely a driver issue. Did you try installing the drivers manually? Go to www.guru3d.com to get new drivers. Stuff like this ALWAYS happens with Steam and updates. As for the post, it does belong in this section.

Ok I tried to download and install the recommended version off the link you gave, steam told me 8.282 was recommended (cat 6.8). But when I try to install it I get an error telling me 'INF error, video driver not found' . Then a second error saying 'Try to install a standard VGA driver first'. So I go and re-install the drivers that first came with my graphics card. But it still doesn't work.

Are you uninstalling the graphics drivers in Add/Remove Programs before trying to install any newer drivers? It sounds like you are installing new drivers on top of old drivers.

Try the Catalyst 6.5 driver bundle. I believe that was the last one that supported the Radeon 9250.

Yeah, obviously. Uninstall all current driver. Restart. Install Ati Catalyst 6.5, then restart. You're done (restart is required for safety).

I ran the steam error check after I did that, still shows my old graphics card drivers, but no error message before I start the game warning me that my drivers are out of date, I'll see how it goes.
Thanks.

Spoke too soon, gave me the same error report about deivce drivers, I think im going to have to buy a new graphics card?

Try rolling back your drivers to their original state...that might prove successful.

-To do this, go to the START menu, then right-click on MY COMPUTER and click on properties in the drop-down menu. Then click on the HARDWARE tab and then click on DEVICE MANAGER. Then find your driver under DISPLAY ADAPTERS. Then click on PROPERTIES in the drop-down menu, and then click on the DRIVER tab. Lastly click on ROLL BACK DRIVER.

Ok I rolled back my drivers and tried to install cat 6.8 version 8.282(recommended for 9250 radeon by steam). Yet I still get the same error 'INF error, video driver not found'. And then 'Try Installing a standard VGA driver befoe installing this'. I don't get it, it basically won't recognize my drivers?

Ati catalyst 6.5 is the last catalyst to be supported on your card. 6.8 will never be compatible with 9250, and hence you couldn't install it. I guess you should buy a new vid card...

My Steam results:

Your ATI display drivers are currently out of date
For updated drivers, click here
Display Adapter: RADEON 9250
Display Version: 6.14.10.6614
Recommended Driver Version: 8.282
Recommended Driver Date: 08/21/2006
Severity: Very High

I suppose I should get in contact with Steam rather than here, because according to ati cat 6.8 (8.282) does not support the 9250.

And what about cat 6.11? that shows up when I go to 9250 drivers.

I think the problem is that since ATI/AMD no longer supports the 9250 with current drivers, new games and those like CS:S that are constantly updated also no longer support the 9250. So if a change is made to CS:S that requires a driver update, you will be out of luck since ATI will no longer do so.

Your best bet would be to get a new graphics card. The game will run better with a better card anyway.

I don't know why 6.11 shows up when you search for 9250 drivers at ATI's site.

No, I have tried it, it does seem to let me load it on, but the drivers do not update. I will be buying a new graphic card, as the 9250 has let me down on several occasions.

ati radeon 9250 128mb agp 8x

I hate this video card because i have it at home since yesterday, i tried to install it "catalyst 6.5" al went good but when i entered warcraft 3, a lot of green dots and messy textures apears and then crash!!! i tried every possible forum and solutions, indications>>>>no luck! i stoped looking for solutions and i'll never use ati cards again! "lots of problems those cards are" (yoda speaking since i'm nervous)!!!
The ****y part is that in first place on desktop is k and video render(movies) work just fine but when i enter a game>>>>tried: warcraft 3 and CS. 1.6 but it frezees in both.
The ****y ****y part is that my old geforce4 mx440 worked just fine and was a lot older than this ati crap video card!!! now i thing there is only one gigant producer of video cards chipsets and that is NVIDIA, couse ati just proved me otherwise!
just and advice for u so u won't need to look for forumus:>>>>Buy NVIDIA
CRAp.
K, got to go distroy an 9250 with a hammer!
bye

and there drivers are crap, the nvida drivers are ten times easier to work with. nvida is a lot better product.

First off, this new computer I am on now (not so new...) has a PowerColor 9250, 128MB and AGP8X.

I used to be a fanboy also, but have now realised that, in my opinion, the only difference between the cards are the color.

The 9250 (even without microsofts .net framework updates) runs all games I throw at it much better than my Dell with a FX5200. It's drivers are perfect. The only game I have had problems with are the ones that are very old.

I understand it is your opinion, but just because some people have had a problem with their card doesn't mean Nvidia is much better.

PS, did you know you all just bumped a year old topic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back