Radeon 9500 AGP not registering w/ SMARTGART

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just assembled my first system and I'm having some problems... Here's the rundown:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
1GB PC2700
ATI Radeon 9500 128MB
Western Digital WD200JB SE HDD
Windows XP SP1

The main problem is that SMARTGART has my suggested AGP set to OFF. I should be running 8x comfortably, but I can't. The BIOS is set to accept 8x, and all AGP settings are on.
I've had a few "Serious Errors" and software crashes and one STOP error. They all seem to point to some sort of driver problem, but I've updated everything and can't find the problem.

All the drivers on my mobo disk are loaded. I even got the brand new set of Nforce drivers and loaded those. I've gotten SP1 and all the recent Windows updates. I'm ab out to update the Video Card driver, but I'm sure that won't help.

Someone help me figure out what's wrong with my drivers!!!

thanks,
jason

Welcome to TechSpot forum

You can find out exactly what your stop error message means by checking it out at this site which details what they all mean.

Try disabling fast writes and set AGP to 4X to see if it helps. Get the latest Catalyst 3.2 drivers from ATI. These drivers solve many problems but there are still quite a few outstanding unfortunately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back