Radeon 9550 Display Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangjangler

When I start up my PC and logon to Windows everything goes screwy. There are a bunch of lines and colors. I am not sure what is wrong, I checked the connection and whether or not it was in securely...I have the ATI Radeon 9550 256MB. I had some problems with this card a long time ago, but never had this one. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I have an AGP Radeon 9200 128MB and that works fine, just cannot use DX9 which stinks.

Boot into safe mode then look in device manager to see if you have multiple graphics drivers. If you do, remove the lot and reinstall.

Try switching to another graphic card and see what the problem is (ex. driver issues) to be able to see. Try updating your drivers.

Okay, I will try safe mode and see if that works. I know the drivers are okay because I tried it with the newest Catalyst drivers.

Well, I started in VGA mode and Safe Mode and it works perfect in those. I uninstalled my onboard graphics driver and some strange nVidia GART driver I found, but it still does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back