Radeon 9600 Pro VPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked all over the place trying to find a fic for this, It has been broken for almost seven months. Yesterday I spent over six and a half hours trying to fix it.

While playing any game unning on the Valve Source engine, it will be very jumpy, and, depending on if it's multiplayer or singleplayer, or what game it is, it will crash within a short amount of time. Afterwards the VPU Recover error will come up saying,"ATI has reset your video card as it was no longer responding to commands."

I have tried turning off VPU recovery, changing AGP speed, keeping the computer casing open and directing a fan in, I have reinstalled video drivers more times than I could possibly count.

I really need to fix this, I can't afford a new card right now, and these games cost me 95$ AUS.

Is your unit overclocked. This error is most common if the 9600 is overclocked excessively. It can also be from excessive temperature, so you might require an additional case fan.
What is your case temperature right after you get a VPU recover?
You can use MBM5 and set it up to log temperatures and voltages in a text
file which you can get from http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

You can also examine temperatures after you have a VPU recovery. Open the log file to examine the posted temperatures and voltages.

Can you tell us your exact voltages on your 12.00V rail right before the crash? or what the CPU and case temperatures were right before the crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back