Radeon 9600 SE not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantman47

ok im not a very smart guy when it comes to this stuff so bare with me.
so today my friend gave me a radeon 9600 SE that he wasnt going to us. (brand new though he bought it a year ago.) so i put it in the APG slot like it said and pluged my moniter in. i go to turn the computer on and the moniter doesnt turn on. yes i had the moniter on. now i know that the 9500 need power from the power supplie but on this card i didnt find any slot for a power cord. is there somthing im missing? help me plz i cant live with my geforce 2 mx.

video

First, did you make sure the card is fully seated? The card could be bad, you could test it on another computer, and if it still doesn't work, then it probably is bad. Do you have the right agp slot type for the card? Agp comes in 2x,4x, and 8x. That card is probably compatible with 8x and 4x, but not 2x.

well i did some resherch and found that my mother mobo didnt have th AGP slot activated. my mobo is a EliteGroup K7vta3. it is 2x and 4x. i set it to 4x in the bios. does anyone know how to activate the AGP slot on this mother borde? also me and my friend tryed it on his computer and the card work fine.

video

That's good your card works. Does your motherboard have integrated (built in) graphics? Or does it have just an agp slot. If it has integrated graphics, they need to be disabled in the bios. I'm not sure what you mean by "activate" your agp slot. Usually, you pop the card in, boot up, and then windows recognizes it and gives it a generic driver, then you install a better driver once in windows.

no my mobo doesnt have any built in graphics. i look in my device manager and there was no AGP slot. so i downloaded VIA chipset 4 in 1 patch. then the APG slot showed. so i put my card in and still didnt work. its really annoying. and the moniter doesnt even come on. though it is one but it never leaves stand by mode. im not sure if my agp slot is bad or what.

card

Did you try reinstalling your video drivers after installing the 4 in one drivers? Try reinstalling graphics drivers again, if your port is listed now, that's a good sign.

well you say you dont have onboard graphic card and havent used your agp interface.so....you must have been using a pci graphic card.which one????you'll have to get in the bios and change some settings first check out the agp settings like bus speed,memory interface etc.then look for an option like "init display first"see what that is set at.this tell your pc where to look for a graphic card first.

yea i was using a Geforce 4 mx (bad card.) i set the AGP to my cards memory,xspeed, and so on. i havnt looked at the init display frist. so if i turn that to AGP and it still doesnt work will it still read my old card? also what part of the bio is it in?

alright i went through the bio and turn the "initi display frist" to AGP. installed the card and still i get nothing. no error on the screen just a stand by. ive tryed reinstalling the 4 in 1. im not sure it i need to use a older driver or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back