Radeon 9600pro Artifacts attack!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently added a radeon 9600pro 256mb to my system and have been confronted a drastically annoying problem in which all the textures become odd green, purple, and other colored block artifacts. A friend suggested the power supply might be the problem, but the new 450w PS doesn't do any good. Furthermore, the system doesn't seem to be running too hot. It can get up to 45 degrees C, but normally hovers around 40. If I set the card to optimal performance in the control panel it helps a bit but after a while the strange atrifacts return. Please help!!!

shot0004.jpg

eshot0002.jpg

Oh God.. Those aren't just artifacts! hehe

Looks like you have a real texturing problem here. If you run out of solutions to fix this (clean out your old ones and reinstal the drivers, reinstal AGP bridge drivers, disable fast writes / AGP 8x and any other unncessary featuers), I might go as far to say your card is defective.

Looks like a video memory problem, almost.

But please, the first thing you should do is www.ati.com and install the latest catalyst drivers with the latest version of Direct X.

Also, it may save you some time if you can cross check the card in another system.. Perhaps your friends. If it does the same thing in his system, there is a good possibility it is the video card itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back