Radeon 9700 Pro, AGP speed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

Well, about a month ago I was having a problem with my new Radeon 9700 Pro with Direct3D display corruption. I finally fixed that later on by disabling AGP4X in my bios and turning AGP down to none and Fast Writes off in settings. I messed around a little bit this morning before I got to work and moved it up to AGP1X, AGP2X, etc.. turned fast writes on/off trying to get it to work with higher settings. If I use anything other than AGP at lowest speed and fast writes off then I get the same problem I had before. Although my graphics still look pretty dang nice the fact is I would at least like to be able to get AGP4x on my K7S5A motherboard (which supports 4xAGP).

Not sure what else to try other than wait for new ATI drivers. I tried every combination of everything possible last month trying to fix my card and finally got it to work.

For now I just set it back to AGP at lowest speed and fast writes off.

I think you are more knowledgeable than me, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Do you have your card overclocked?

Also as far as drivers, if you think that might be the problem, have you tried the Omega drivers. I've had pretty good luck with them. I've heard that ATI will release new drivers next week also.

Na, the clock is at the default retail speed, I haven't overclocked it. I tried the Omega drivers too :). I am also running "Rage3D Tweak" I believe that is what it is called (I'm not at my computer --I'm at work at the moment).

Thanks for asking though :).

Hmm, those ATI drivers are out next week? I'll just wait on those and see if I can come up with anything after I install them.

I just read over at Rage3D, that the new drivers are going to be delayed for about two weeks. Seems like ATi is having problems getting them certified. They say there are some new Cat. 3.3 drivers that have been relealsed today by Dell, for Dell only machines, but a lot of people are downloadiing them, and forcing an install anyway. Some people are getting 300 to 500 more points in 3D Mark 03. But also, some are having problems with games, some say they are the greatest ever. I'm going to wait for the official release.

Well, I've had mine since I bought my computer in December, and haven't had any problems at all. I've always used nVidia cards prior to this one, but I can say I'm very happy with ATi. I'm not saying I'll never change but for now I'm happy.

By the way, I know for sure I'll wait on the official release after looking at the forums at FutureMark. Seems like everybody is having problems with the Dell drivers.

Well now my card is fine, its just that I can't up the AGP speed :( Don't get me wrong though. I am very very satisfied with this video card. Took a bit of work to fix my problem but it isn't ATI's fault. Which is usually never is other than them sending out a bad card or because of a problem with the drivers. Other than that it is just your motherboard, or something like that so really ATI and Nvidia aren't any better than the other. ATI's equivelant cards only push about 5 fps or so faster than Nvidias equivelant cards.
No one can tell the different between 50 and 55 fps.

Anyway *waits on new drivers*. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back