Radeon 9800 pro with celeron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card to a Radeon 9800 pro but was wondering if its worth doing as I have a 2.4 gig celeron chip inside at the moment, Is it worth getting the 9800 pro or will the 9600 be better suited?
really I mean will the 9800 pro experience problems because of a slightly slower cpu than recommended?
thanks

I havent hurt of a faster card having problems with a slower cpu. But you might not get as much out of it compared to someone with a faster cpu. but then again a celeron 2.4 might be plenty fast enough. and these days game performance is all about the video card.

havent hurt of a faster card having problems with a slower cpu

Yea i've never heard of that either.. so such thing I dont think :D Get the 9800 PRO! [but your cpu is REALLY holding you back, a 2.4Cele probably performs around [eye-balling this one] a 1.6P4]

Yeah, you won't be able to run all games smoothly, but you'll be able to run them at higher resolution and more graphical texture details.

Geometry details, shadows, particle effects and etc.. Usually rely more on CPU power.

Spread you cash around a bit. For the same price as a 9800 Pro you should be able to pick up a 2.4ghz P4 (533/800Mhz FSB depending on motherboard/ram) nad a 9600XT/5900XT which would be much better for gaming.
Why dont you post up your system specs - then we can give better recommendations :D
btw - Welcome to Techspot :wave:

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back