Radeon 9800XT not running as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently replaced my Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128mb with a ASUS ATI Radeon 9800XT. I did the same thing and uninstalled old drivers before putting in the new card and installing the latest Radeon Driver. I am experiencing really bad frame rates for this card and they are not much better than the 5200 if not worse. I have tried driver cleaner pro and removed all traces of nvidia drivers but still no result.

Gigabyte Ga-8IPE1000 Pro 2 Motherbard
P4 3.0 Ghz HT
512 DDR Ram
Asus ATI Radeon 9800XT

it could be a defective card but it could also be the fault of driver cleaner. other people that used it to clean oout nvidia drivers have had problems after using it. it seems to have a tendancy to take out files it shouldnt. like .dll files.

put your XP disk in your rom drive and open a command prompt. type sfc /scannow this will run system file checker and repair or replace any damaged or missing system files.

Could it have something to do with the video aperture size and if so how do i chnage it because i couldnt find taht option in bios.

Doubtful, the default size is 128 but you can check it. one thing that might make a difference is "fast Write" this is known to cause problems on some system. try disabling it. you will find it under the "samrtGart" tab in the ATI control panel. also check there that the proper AGP speed is displayed for your Mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back