Radeon HD 2400 Pro AGP Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

WADEHER

HI im recently bought a radeon hd pro agp version card and i cant get any of my games to work or the letest drivers available. The version 8.1 says cant find hardware or software compatible with driver when installing. The only driver that installs and works is the one it came with and the one from the daimondmm website but none of my games will work properly open Gl is not supported in counterstrike 1.6 and direct 3d doesnt work in counterstrike source. I even tried battle field.PLease help me i dont want to have to buy another video card this one cost me 130 $ .

Make sure:

AGP is turned on in system bios/cmos (this is in the computer's boot menu, usually DEL or F2 to enter)

Is the original video driver (onboard) full working (all drivers installed) I've noticed that the new video cards sometimes fault (no card detected) if the onboard aren't fully installed.

You may need to go to Device Manager (Control Panel-System-Hardware) and remove the video card(s) and install the Onboard then AGP video card after restart.
(Note: have your drivers available to install)

WADEHER said:
HI im recently bought a radeon hd pro agp version card and i cant get any of my games to work or the letest drivers available. The version 8.1 says cant find hardware or software compatible with driver when installing. The only driver that installs and works is the one it came with and the one from the daimondmm website but none of my games will work properly open Gl is not supported in counterstrike 1.6 and direct 3d doesnt work in counterstrike source. I even tried battle field.PLease help me i dont want to have to buy another video card this one cost me 130 $ .
There had been issues with the HD2000 series AGP drivers. You could try an Omega driver:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=24

Yea its all good in that matter i have no onboard card and i have windows XP not liniux so can you still figure that one out ? im still stumped my card is working but still cant play games properly. Or install 8.1 from catalyst

Hi WADEHER

At this stage you have:

New radeon hd pro agp version card
Drivers will not install
The only driver that installs and works is the one it came with and the one from the daimondmm website
Exactly what model card is this in full?

Tried install 8.1 from catalyst
Message: cant find hardware or software compatible with driver when installing

Tried Omega driver

Running Windows Xp
Other SystemSpecs (including M/B; Ram) unknown?

Can you please update your Profile, with all your system specs?

My computer glitches and goes fuzzy in direct X mode or open Gl games; plays movies fine and winamp visualizations, and the direct 3d test run no errors. Computer works fine like perfect except for those issues plus i cant install all of the drivers for this card ive tried many drivers but the only one that installed was the newst one from the diamond website, but it glitches my games and goes fuzzy the same as the drive that the card came with.

Hi you know it's been 9 days since your last post and 12 days since your original post!
Hmm it may have been fixed by now, if you were able to stay around.

Also your System Specs are not showing in your Profile, could you please re-confirm all is typed in correctly and enabled.

I think the best approach is to fully un-install your video card, software
And even remove the video card, and if onboard video exists, startup with that.
Basically I want to be sure the video adaptor software is fully gone.
Ideally checking in Safe mode, is good too.

Once you are confirmed that the video adaptor software has been fully removed
You can then re-plug in the Video card, and start Windows, and re-install the latest drivers.

Please reply back after that.

I would follow what kimsland is saying, but just wanted to add that my experience with these cards has only shown a few things to work, and they didn't work for everyone. The main problem seems to be that the newer drivers don't support AGP 100% and that the older driver don't work on this series of cards.

One person had to go into BIOS and adjust the AGP aperture.
One person had to contact the manufacturer Sapphire (not ATI) for drivers and hotfixes.

If a CD came with it I would follow the basic remove/install instructions for ATI cards which I will post below. I wouldn't recommend using the drivers from their site though if you have the install CD

1. Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
2. At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.Also do the same for Nvidia if there
3. You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
4. Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining ATI software or other drivers that you have tried.
5. If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to uninstall each one individually.
6. Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO (IF there use step 7)
7. Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.
8. Insert your Driver CD it should autorun
9. Follow on screen instructions.

If you dont have a Driver CD:
1.Go to link and put in your OS and select your card from the list, hit GO.
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers
2. Click Next on the first install screen.
3. Click Yes to the License agreement.
4. Click the Custom button.
5. Select the driver, catalyst control center (if wanted) and uncheck the box for steam
# The installer will start to load the display driver first.
Next you will see the WDM Capture drivers load (for VIVO or All-In-Wonder).
The Catalyst Control Center setup will start shortly after.(if selected)
A dialog box will indicate the install progress.

6.Click Finish to restart your computer.

Your not done, ->Follow below.

7.Go to Control Panel-> add hardware => have disk
8.Select the Driver location yourself which should be C:\ATI\Driver Folder\Driver

Yes i've done all that you said to do i have no onboard video card and i reinstalled the drivers many times cleaning out old one and even physically removing hardware. Its a wierd problem cause ive tried 2 drivers that work but they all do the same thing in open Gl mode and Direct 3d. The cd driver is the one im using cause it works the best but i still cant play games, my system is an AMD Athlong 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.08 ghz, 1.00 GB ram, my card is a HD2400 pro AGP Version.My windows is windows xp pro service pack 2 running my computer on 32 bit.
P.s i cant install any of the latest drivers frmo the official site they come up with the error that i have the wrong device or operating system during installation, so my guess is that their for 64 bit operating system or PCI express. :S please get back to me I wanna game so bad and take my new video card for a spin

oh yeaH! and if i get vista 64 or xp 64 will this solve all my problems or do they still have limited drivers for hardware; because it seems that my 64 system runnin on 32 windows is'nt getting the best drivers available or compatibility

From my second post to you above
kimsland said:
Can you please update your Profile, with all your system specs?

64 Bit is a whole new operating system, you would have to purchase Vista 64Bit, and also format your computer (So not worth it)

I have recently just bought a AGP powercolor HD 2400 Pro. I have installed the drivers with the cd that came with the card. i have no problems with the drivers and everything is working well, except when it comes to games.

I tried playing my frozen throne DOTA and everything becomes very jerky inside the game. It is impossible for such a new card to not be able to play such an old game.

So most probably it should be some driver or settings error. Anyone can help ??

i have email Powercolor support team but i haven got a reply yet.

Using windows XP service pack 2 on a AMD athlon 64 3200+ with 1gig ram. Dont think there should be any problem with my system requirement though.

http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?ProductID=856
You know it's:
AGP
256Meg
8X
It is impossible for such a new card to not be able to play such an old game
Yes I'm sure the card is above the game minimum requirements.
But we are not talking about a great gaming machine here
Dont think there should be any problem with my system requirement though
Yes you need another computer ! to play new games.
I tried playing my frozen throne DOTA
http://www.blizzard.com/us/war3x/
Ok you do have the specs on that. But the game does require minimum 128Meg, which tend to put great strain on a 256Meg.

My recommendation:
Core2duo
2Gig Ram
Windows Xp (Vista not great yet I feel)
Min 512 Meg PCI-E Video card
And a good power supply
Now that's minimum!
http://gaming-pc-review.toptenreviews.com/

[QUOTE
You know it's:
AGP
256Meg
8X

Yes I'm sure the card is above the game minimum requirements.
But we are not talking about a great gaming machine here

Yes you need another computer ! to play new games.

Ok you do have the specs on that. But the game does require minimum 128Meg, which tend to put great strain on a 256Meg.

My recommendation:
Core2duo
2Gig Ram
Windows Xp (Vista not great yet I feel)
Min 512 Meg PCI-E Video card
And a good power supply
Now that's minimum!
[/QUOTE]

Ok so you are telling me that my current system is not able to play a game that is 3 or 4 yrs old. I actually need a Core2duo and a 512meg graphics card to play such an old game ??

My old gig which has a slower CPU with an even older graphics card ( Ti4200 ) was able to handle the game with ease.

What i am trying to say here is that there may be a drivers issue with our agp graphics card instead of system requirement problem.

So maybe some other users may have other solution to this .. thanks !

i would use the ati software uninstall utility, then just install ONLY the display drivers, not CCC or any Streaming drivers, just the display drivers. Also, i had a Radeon X1300 doing the same thing your card is doing right now to you, turns out sometimes things just don't work together well and you should consider maybe getting a refund if this one dosen't work out, so hold onto that recept and box. Another question what is your motherboard manafacuture it is indeed important, and it would be helpful if we knew. Another thing to responed back with, run "services.msc" w/ out the "" and disable anything relating to ATISmart. Also check the error logs on your computer to see if the computer is logging anysort of error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back