Radeon X1650PRO 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin_ds3000

i thinking about buying one, does anybody know how good they overclock. would i need to buy a new heat sink for if i do overclock it

You will need to assure you have an adequate power supply, and good case cooling... Your system will run hot so you need everything to be closer to perfect.

The X1650Pro comes in both AGP and PCI-Express models... 128 bit, 587 MHz, DDR3, 256MB Image, good 3d graphics, excellent performance... reasonable price.

There are plenty of reviews with a Google search.

You might want to search out and use a power supply calculator to determine what is needed.

The X1650PRO 256MB will definitely beat it unless the 512MB has GDDR3, get an X1650XT it blows this away.

512 MB video graphics cards are good for photo and graphics design, but they are just average to below for gamers. You must have a better reason for wanting the 512 MB model than that it sounds bigger or seems like it should be more powerful.
Your other comments show you could benefit from some indepth research on the upgrades you wish to make... including a close look at the past six months of monthly reviews on video graphics cards at www.tomshardware.com and what they are saying at MaximumPC as well as www.anandtech.com

dustin_ds3000 said:
i do alot of research, almost every other night. this video card is for the new computer im building
Ok then, what made you decide on the Radeon over a 7300LE/512mb?
Also in your research what are the power requirements for the Radeon and your psu specs?
Btw: the 7300LE is cheaper than the Radeon, what made you pick it over this one?
Why are you doing a new build with AGP and not PCIx?

The only worthwhile 512MB and over cards are the 7900GTX/7800GTX 512, 7950GT, X1800/X1900/X1950 series, the 8800GTS/GTX/Ultra series and the HD 2900XT(X) (in future) series.

I agree completely. With memory and video more doesn't always mean better. Memory interface is the name of the game. That's what pisses me off with my DX10 card and 128bit bus. I'm just treading water till I see what this turns out to be:

http://www.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=5092

Btw: I was using the 7300LE as a perfect example of this principle, since it only has a 64bit bus.

well the motherboard im buying is the Abit IC7-MAX3 Motherboard, or the ABIT IC7-G MOTHERBOARD. the first one i find for a good price im buying. if there is a better video card for $100, plz tell me about it. im open to anything. i want a video card with at less 256MB Memory. Memory isn't the most important, core bus and Memory bus is

Suggestions have been made. You apparently do not find those suggesions appealing. I don't understand what you mean by, "Memory isn't the most important, core bus and Memory bus is."

dustin_ds3000 said:
well the motherboard im buying is the Abit IC7-MAX3 Motherboard, or the ABIT IC7-G MOTHERBOARD. the first one i find for a good price im buying. if there is a better video card for $100, plz tell me about it. im open to anything. i want a video card with at less 256MB Memory. Memory isn't the most important, core bus and Memory bus is
raybay, let's see if this will help him:
good video card (mid-range)
256mb dedicated ram (ram on the card)
128bit interface (can be called memory bus I suppose, some do)

better (or best) video card
256mb+ dedicated ram (ram on card) 320mb-640mb-768mb-1gb
256bit interface or more (320mb+)

X1650 pro is a decent cheap card, we have one. It over clocks well. Its good on any game at 1024x768, and some games at 1280x1024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back