Radeon X1950 Pro or wait till april 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc is 5 years old so im doing a total upgarde along the lines of the this sites "build a core duo 2 amd gaming pc for under $1000" guide. The graphics card it reccommends is the Radeon X1950 Pro and states how its slightly better than its NVidia counterpart and from other reviews it looks like the best value card for that price. Now though ive heard about Nvidia releasing some mid range cards next week. Does anybody know if they will fall in the same price range as the Radeon x1950 pro and have there been any pre release trials etc? IF there is a noticeable improvement in performance my budget may stretch 50 -60$ or so.

any views??!!?!

Pricing hasn't been confirmed yet. But I've got a gut feeling it would be a good thing to wait for these new cards.

More DX10 cards are coming out soon. So I would wait for them to come out. Might as well make the PC DX10 compatible. You've waited this long might as well wait a bit longer.

Rumors going around that the GeForce 8 series are compatible, but not certified for DX10, whatever that means.

But I'd still wait, because the performance difference should still be quite substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back