Radeon X300 drivers freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having a very annoying problem i have a disc that has the drivers for my Radeon X300 video card but when i ut the disc in my computer freezes and i have to reboot even when i downloaded the drivers and tried to install them it froze again

same here

i did read in the manual sytem requirments and pentium4 is at the top not sure if thats just minimum or my athon is not capa??

what are the specs of this system? what operating system and service pack are you running?

For a test uninstall the video card from device manager, update changes in hardware and allow Windows XP to install its own drivers.

hey thanks bunches

i kinda messed up with the last reply dint add all in info i wanted .. but any how what i did finnaly wus take back the radeon x300 and got another called gforce 7300 gs from lead tek.its not a big ole gameing card but helps with photos plenty and heck i can run flat out.. doom and pretty much any thing else plays just fine with reasonable settings.. the mother board i am using for that card is MSI k9vgm-v with a am2 socket and sempron 3200 processrrr. usuall 1gig ram so .. it isnt locking up or running slow .. hope that info can help any one else..
still baffles me.. though i dont have time to be testing cards and such so ill just write it off as a bad card or incapatible.?? ;0)

it could very well be a software problem. if possible, put the card into another system to test it. a local PC repair shop or PC technician can test it for you.

thanks

thanks zepp...if i couldnt have taken the card back, i would have probably taken all the help i could .. hopfully next time fix things up lots faster.. lol you know how it is?? cant wait to fire up new stuff asap..:eek:) funny thing is i just helped a freind out with a clutered up pc. and woulnt ya know it?? he had a Dell set up and had the exact card in the store bought pc and it wus working plenty fine for what ever all dell puts in there pcs .. ..thanks again..~Smile*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back