Radeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris86

I'm a bit confused about this. I noticed that there are lots of manufacturers who make Radeon cards. (Connect3D, Sapphire, Excalibur, Connect3D etc.) For example, i can find like 5 different versions of the Radeon 9600. How do i know wich one to buy? Do all the cards perform equally?

Go for the cheapest, or the best bundle. They are all pretty much the same as far as performance goes.

actually i only go with the 'Built by ATI' cards, but that's just a personal thing i suppose.

Originally posted by Nic
Go for the cheapest, or the best bundle. They are all pretty much the same as far as performance goes.

Yep I'd do as Nic says, however steer clear of PowerColor. Most the time they do have the cheapest card but its for a reason with them.

one thing to check:
a Radeon 9600 pro will be more or less the same speed from any manufacturer (like Nic says) BUT some do have cheaper models - i.e Radeon 9600 pro Lite that are slower. Check the mem/pro speeds of any radeon before buying...

Originally posted by Raz
one thing to check:
a Radeon 9600 pro will be more or less the same speed from any manufacturer (like Nic says) BUT some do have cheaper models - i.e Radeon 9600 pro Lite that are slower. Check the mem/pro speeds of any radeon before buying...

Exactly why you should 'steer clear' of PowerColor. If I were you, spend the extra $2 and try to get a Saphire card, they're quailty :)

I had a bad experience with Saphire (DOA, my first ATI card and it almost put me off ATI for life), so I wouldn't count on the quality being any better than other brands. They are all pretty much alike IMHO. Just check the specs to make sure you are getting what you expect.

just go ati, always good to go with the maker make sure you get a pro or xt, dont get SE what ever you do dont get SE

Find the one with the best specs & bundle within your pricerange... Yes you can get a bad card, but that can happen with every manufacturer, not just PowerColor or Sapphire...

And if you do get a bad card, RMA it and get a new one...

One thing you might want to be on the lookout for is what RAM is being used on the card you're thinking of buying... I seem to recall that PowerColor is cutting cost by using a bit slow ram, ATI a bit faster ram, whilst the others are quite good... But it's worth checking out what chips/speeds they are running...

(The better the chip, the larger the oc you'll be able to get out of it...)

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Exactly why you should 'steer clear' of PowerColor. If I were you, spend the extra $2 and try to get a Saphire card, they're quailty :)

agissi, dammit, stop spreading bullshit rumors about PowerColor. They're cards are FINE. At the very least they allow you to overclock higher...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back