radeon9200 vs geforce 4 mx 440

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
every one i am very much confused as to which crad to choose from these two

1.ATI RADEON 9200SE 128 MB 8x
or
2.nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 128 MB 8x

i will be very greatfull to you all for helping me decide and making the right choice.

PS: please also give reasons as to why i should opt for the particular card as this will be very usefull and more convincing to me to decide

and remember i have to chose only from the above two cards

thank you very much

thats a tough choice. neither cards are all too fast. what are you going to be doing with them? for now and future gaming neither card will perform too greatly. but they should be enough. the geforce 4 only supports direct x 7.1, the radeon 8.1. so for newer games the radeon will have better quality. the radeon is also a little cheaper in most cases, on www.newegg.com they have one for $50 USD. so i guess i would suggest the Radeon 9200 SE out of those two.

i have gotta choose only from those two cards caus these are the only highend cards available right now in India ,where i live.geforce fx and the 9600 arent available still

thanks u very much for ur reply
i will go for the radeon than as i want to play doom3 and HL2 whenever they come out

right now i have the geforce 2 mx 400

Renex, I definitely agree with snowman. Going from a geforce2MX to geforce4mx, you won't see much of a difference and it does not justify upgrading to that. The 9200se will perform much better, especially in games since it supports directx8, where as the geforce4mx does not. If you get a chance, download 3dmark01 and the nature test utilizes directx8. If you get the geforce4mx, it will skip the nature test because the videocard does not support it but on the 9200se, you'll see directx8 in action. Most games today are fast becoming directx8 supported games so it would be wise to have a video card that can handle that. Just note that if you want to play Doom3 and Half Life 2, you will have to scale down your setting dramatically. Both those games are directx9 games so you may miss out on their graphic splendor the designers intended. Although they have yet to see store shelves, the radeon 9200se may just hold you over until those games comes out anyway.

id wait until you can upgrade to something faster because neitehr of those cards will run hl2 and d3 faster than 10fps

I'd get the 9200 for reasons stated above, however as Somekid007 said, neither of those cards will allow you to play Doom3 or Half-Life2 [it will be so jerky, slowmo-ish, laggy,etc] it just wont be feasable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back