RAID 5 4 Channel SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Oh, there's something lovely about that phrase. Lets just say it all together. "Raid Five, Four Channel Serial ATA". I just know that its something that my machine has to join with. It needs things like that to become all powerful, you see.

In usual Tomshardware standard, Patrick Schmid and Achim Roos (sounds like two guys I'd like to party with ;)) give us a first class article on what I am sure will by one of the major features of the new machine I am planning. A next-gen machine will require something like 1 TB of HDD space and this is just the kind of storage subsystem I think would do the trick nicely.

Think about it... the extra kick of SATA, the extra speed of RAID 0 with the peace of mind that comes with RAID 1. I've got to build one!

More here.

Hey, I won't pretend to be something I am not.

Although I prefer the term geek myself. Nerds have the extra added factor of problematic social skills, which I don't have. I just have the PC / UNIX / Star Trek obsession.

Yes, I prefer geek as well...nerd sounds so derogatory.;)

If I had the cash , I'd definitely build one. With a computer like that, you could take over the world!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back