Raid for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

RAID 0 would give you the best performance. But remember there is no fault tollerance for RAID 0 so if you loose your data its gone forever....My best advice is to go ahead with the RAID 0 array and have a stand alone drive ( of a size that fits your needs) to store all your important stuff on, or a external usb drive works good to periodically backing up your "have to have and important stuff"

well i have a 300gb maxtor right now, that should suffice, was thinkin of keeping my os on it and other important stuff.

Well

It probably be better just to do a fresh install on the Raptors. You will want to use their speed for boot times, general file paging, loading programs ect ect....

You have them monsters so USE THEM FOR EVERYTHING !!!!! ROAR LoL

lol, k. sounds good, I have a 7200 rpm 300gb maxtor, my boot time is about 1min 20 secs, how much faster would it be on the raptors.

Hmm

You must have a ton of programs that autorun at load. My System loads in less than 45 seconds from a dead boot.And I have 4 programs that run at startup.

Anyways you should see a significant performance increase in boot times.

from 7200 - 10000 rpm I found a noticable difference on boots. mines around 30sec to desktop. about 25 on a clean install. vs 60 and 45.

from a min 20 you'll probably see it drop to 40-50sec. the 150's + RAID is a dream for most. if you can afford it get another 150 and RAID 5 the 3 drives. the only thing faster would be a set of 750's in RAID, but a $1000ish is a little much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back