Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused on the whole Raid subject so could ya guys help me here. I'm thinking about buying another 160 Gb harddrive and raiding it with my other one, if this is possible how would i do this? THANX

It all depend on what you want to do.
If you wish to just add the new hdd for extra space then you dont need to raid it.
If, however, you want faster hdd access time then you will need to stripe the drives together. But, windows wont like booting from a striped drive.
If I were you i'd check the jumper setting for your existing drive to see if its set to master or cable select. The jumper is on the back of the hdd next to the power socket. The settings will either be labled or printed on the circuit board. MA means master, CS means cable select, and SL means slave.
If its set to master then the new drive must be slaved or if its set to cable select then the new drive must be set to cable select too (if they are both going to be on the same cable that is).
If you need anymore help then just ask and i will do my best to help further if required. Rik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back