RAM and Motherboard Timings Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helixeagle

DIMM1: 32MX64G-26B 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
DIMM2: Micron Tech. 16VDDT6464AG-265G4 512 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
DIMM3: Micron Tech. 16VDDT6464AG-265G4 512 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)

This is your motherboard timings.
Memory Timings 2-2-3-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

--------------------------------------
My RAM is getting on a bit now but i sent a everest hardware report to tech support on a game, and they got back to me saying that my RAM timing doenst match that of my Motherboard, i was wondering what does the timing effect? has my RAM been under performing or over performing? im not too sure what these timings do... help is much appriciated :)

What is this? you are using too old memory sticks. Considering the low latency DDR400 PC3200.

Your specs is way low for any games.

Well that didnt answer my question at all, I CAN play games, with no problems, I play games like half-life 2, doom 3, battlefield 2 and F.E.A.R...

I know my system is in need of an upgrade but it still plays the games of today with no problems, I wanted to know if my RAM was being held back by the timings..

those timing represent clock cycles how fast they can read write...the lower the number the better.. bushwacker is kinda right on that your memory is kinda outdated..but to tell you the truth if is wasn't for the overwhelming demand to be the best computer manufacturer or video card maker there wouldn't be such a high demand for new hardware except in the commercial world..gamers buy when new thing come out so they keep making new things..supply and demand. if your system works for you and plays the games you like then that is all that matters man and have fun while doing it... go here to learn more about memory http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/m/mem...k mate and thanks for posting at TechSpot.com

just copy and paste that url.. the server wanted to tie my words in with the url cause i had started typing to close to the end of the address...lol

by the way bushwacker it is clearly stated what memory he is using PC2100 is the last time i checked very different from PC3200 ddr400 memory..and his clock timings are not that bad either for the speed of memory that he has

hey,

Thanks for that people. Yep my computer hasnt been upgraded for years, but i never knew my RAM timing was incorrect to the motherboard, my processor is my main concern because its only a AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ and currently overheating for no reason to 60-70C,

At the moment my pc seems to run even the latest games with no problems, its shocking really, but it needs an upgrade now, it REALLY does, ok thanks for the link, I will definatly look into that :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back