Ram installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am trying to install a new ram chip. I put it into the slot and the computer runs fine, but windows does not see it. Windows thinks I have 64 mb when I should have 192. I have looked for help but no one seems to tell me straight up. Toshiba Satellite 2610dvd is what it is. please help

my ram is compatible, and also I had a computer that is nearly identical that i did the same thing to, but had no problems. Could my video card be using th extra ram, and if so how do I change it.?

Is your video card integrated? Did you make any changes to your video card to use physical memory? Also could you see all your memory before correct?

funny enough, Toshiba doesn't even list the 2610 on their website. This computer is only a few years old. I got the ram stick from Kahlon.com and have never had a problem with them before.

It might be just like sony. They released a few computer about 2 years ago that held only their kind of memory. It was made different but still toshiba might have tweaked something to where you can't use regular memory.

ok well Kahlon.com said I should be able to use the stick with no problem, but now I can't get it to read. is there nothing I can do?

Truthfully I would say get a hold of one of toshiba's techs and get the answers from them. I would hope that they would know there own products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back