Ram memory shows a difference..

Status
Not open for further replies.

raadeekaa

Hai ,
I have a system with a 200gb and 80gb harddisks and 1gb RAM.. my 80gb harddisk showed 184kb of bad sectors n i fixed it..
Now, today when i start my computer, i saw my ram memory as 1088mb..(.98gb) ... i checked BIOS settings.. there the ram is shown as 1024 mb..

My computer -properties - General -shows ram as .98gb..

What may be the reason for this.. n how could i rectify it..
Plz help me..

They are the same, just expressed differently. Don't try to make any alterations anywhere, it is perfectly OK.
Some folks consider 1GB = 1000MB, others do it correct and use 1GB = 1024MB.
As the system uses some memory for itself, sometimes it shows less than what you actually have.
Forget it, in other words.

Thanx.. and..

Hai,
U mean.. the size it shows has nothing to do with the working of my sys..(the speed i mean..).. I was a little worried that it may affect my speed..
Thanx for clarifying me..
but can u tell me is it possible that i get the 1024 mb ram again for my use in future..

With thanx,
Radhika

As I said, forget it, different programs show different values. Whatever the system needs, it will take, and there is nothing you can do about it (other than install Linux perhaps). There are very few (if any) programs that need 1024MB of memory, I think you got more than enough. There is always the pagefile if more memory is needed, when you run a load of programs at the same time, but that type of memory is slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back