RAM settings? what should they be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
during game play the sims 2 game freezes then crashes a blue screen pops up and the computer restarts itself...

this would happen once in a blue moon before we added RAM then,
we recently added more RAM and the game was working muc better for a few days, then the it started freezing once in a while, and now it's snowballed to where you can't play it... or even other games on our computer as well. the whole computer even seems to be rebooting much slower than usual.

could this have something to do with RAM settings? my husband said he also recently upgraded our directx from 9.0b to 9.0c. he thinks we have a virus but i don't think that we do...

??? help please!

I don't think your problem has to do with Ram settings. Since you said that the system ran the games fine and then gradually slows down.You can do a few things to see if this is a software issue.
Delete you temporary internet pages and any useless or out dated files .
Run defrag .
Update (I will just guess you are running Win XP)
CLose any running programs before you play your game.
You also said you don't think you have a virus,but did you scan with updated Anti virus to make sure.
If you find that this stabilizes and speeds up your machine ,then you will know you need to do a little maintenance on a regular basis.
If this does not help ,let us know and we will try something else.

Well, running memory using its slowest settings could show if it's related to the new memory. You can (usually) change the settings from BIOS, check the computer's manual for more details.

I had the same problem. When I set up my motherboard I didnt notice that the timings were set aggressively. The system would freeze every time I played a game. I set the timing to 5-2-2 2.5 and that cleared it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back