RAM Speed Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ram is running at the correct speed.

Example your ram is ddr433 and should run at 217mhz.

DDR400 ram would run at 200mhz/DDR333 would run at 166mhz/DDR266 would run at 133mhz.

Obviously this all depends on the fsb of your cpu.

Regards Howard :)

Your ram will be running at 195mhz, which means it is running underclocked.

Example. I have an AMD athlon xp2600+ which runs at 2086mhz, on a fsb of 166mhz. My ram is ddr400 and could easily run on a fsb of 200, but because my cpu only runs on an fsb of 166, my ram is also running at 166, which means effectively it is running as though it were ddr333, and therefore is underclocked.

Regards Howard :)

Howdy! Welcome to TechSpot

You know there's alot to say about underclocking,
things last a lot longer, cooler and more stable.
But if your gonna run game image intensive software
then tweak away!! :eek:

i've been fiddling with teh mobo FSB for about 30min now. So far i'm up to 228 without error. I accidnetly clicked a few too many times a minute ago and got a big blue screen that pretty much said "Shutting down windows so you dont screw up your computer, stupid". :p

SOcRatEs said:
You know there's alot to say about underclocking,
things last a lot longer, cooler and more stable.
But if your gonna run game image intensive software
then tweak away!! :eek:

Obviously the type of cpu, ram, and mobo can greatly affect the ammount of oc you can accomplish.

Ocing also voids any warranty.

Regards Howard :) :)

etherga said:
i've been fiddling with teh mobo FSB for about 30min now. So far i'm up to 228 without error. I accidnetly clicked a few too many times a minute ago and got a big blue screen that pretty much said "Shutting down windows so you dont screw up your computer, stupid". :p

Be carefull, you don`t want to fry anything do you?

What are you system specs?

Regards Howard :rolleyes:

Hello

etherga said:
Huh ho whats this button do?
Whatever you end up doing
DON"T LET THE BLUE SMOKE OUT :haha: :haha: :haha: !

I've got it stable at 225FSB. Here's system specs with this FSB increase
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2700 MHz (12 x 225)
Motherboard Name MSI K8N Neo (MS-7030) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce3 250Gb, AMD Hammer
System Memory 1024 MB (PC3500 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (03/07/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

hm, locked up :(
will back of a bit. Also, if you knwo the sound that gets played when new hardware is added/removed. It plays that as if something is removed/added every now and then. Just kind of a weird occurrence suddenly :p

I put fsb back to 200 and im sitll getting those sounds. It also pauses while it does it, if tha tmakes any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back