Ram Stick problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the right place. I have a problem with my CPU. Its a an HP computer desktop with windows xp. I got this cosair ram stick and i decided to put it in my HP. I put it in and it gave me a lot of more ram but i was going to take it out to clean the dust out and I forgot to turn my computer off. Now my computer wont even start. It will try to start and then cut off. It will do this serveral times untill i unplug it or turn it off. I have tried putting the ram stick back in, switcing them, unhooking my battery for the clock, and unpluging everything. I cannot seem to find what the problem is. The screen just sits in sleep mode. Please somebody help me with this problem. I can't afford to buy another computer! :(

Well buddy, sounds like you fried something. The problem is that you touch internal components without being grounded further than that it wasnt turned off. Its hard diagnoses what's wrong exactly because it seems you dont have any parts to switch out for trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back