RAM Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, i have been having some trouble with RAM on my eMachines 3240 computer, the motherboard is an Intel D915GAG. Recently i bought a 512mb DDR-DIMM Corsair RAM, it installed fine and I was delighted so recently i decided to buy another and put it in the adjacent spot, however when I put this in I either get 3 beeps and then my computer wont boot or the eMachines boot screen will just stay up and the fan will vent air constantly, can anyone help?!

When you bought the first ram module, did you add it to the existing ram or did you install it by itself ? How many memory slots does the motherboard have ? What happens when you install the new ram module by itself (in place of the first one) ? What happens when you switch the ram positions (new module in the first slot, old module in 2nd, etc.) ?

Go to the memtest website, download the ISO file, burn it on a CD. You can now boot on that CD to test your memory so test each module by itself. Leave the test running for a couple of hours for each module & if you get 0 errors, try both modules together (if you actualy get the machine booting).

Thanks for the help, i have tried switching and re-switching the RAM in all possible combinations, when i have the new RAM on its own i get 3 beeps and then nothing happens, however i had this when i first installed the other RAM but cant remember how i fixed it :confused:

Ddram Beeps 3 Times

Hello
i am having intel p4 processer with 3 ghz spped settles in 915 GAV main borad. recently i have installed with new ZION 256 mb ddr ram pc400. after switch on the system its beeps 3 times and no display on the screen. please help get ride of this problem.
thanks
aravamudan a s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back