Ramdom System Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is the deal. About a week or two ago this all started. Mind you I have done nothing to the system, installed removed anything, hardware or software, or done any overclocking. Any way, Ill be sitting on my system just surfing the net listening to music, nothing too fancy, and BAM!! My computer just shuts down, at that same time I get a BIOS beep code. Bassicly its 2 beeps, about the same length, the second beep a little higher pitched then the first and it will do this about 3 times before my computer finnaly shuts off. Ive tried setting the BIOS to default settings, just in case. Same thing. Tried safe mode, same thing. Tried alternateing the RAM to see if I had a bad stick, same thing. Updated drivers, rolled back drivers, re formated, obvious things. Im at my wits end. And it does this randomly, right after start up, 3 hours later, sometimes a day or two. Any ideas. Heres what im running. Drivers are the latest.

MB: Gigabyte GA-7NNXP BIOS: Award Ver. 6.0
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.7ghz Average Temp: 30 c
Video: NVIDIA FX 5500
Audio: Creative Audigy 2
RAM: 1 Gig. PC2700

Tried replacing the power supply? Also, what's the temperature of the HDDs? Use SpeedFan from the TS Downloads section to tell me this.

Having the lastest drivers is not always a solution. A updated driver can have bugs in it.

Try out another power supply and see if you have the same issues.

If not it might be your MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back