Random Battlefield 2 crashes, need help analyzing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've been troubleshooting my brothers BF2 crashes since he bought the game. The only problem is that he lives 9 hours away, so it makes troubleshooting kind of difficult. I've searched through various forums and haven't found a proper fix yet.

I've attached a zip file containing a dxdiag report, cpu-z report, and two dump files from the bf2 directory.

I hope someone with more expertise reading these files can see if something is obviously wrong.

It appears to me that you may be missing a file from the game. This may or may not be causing the crashes. Does your brohter have any problems with other games crashing/locking Have you reinstalled? Does the game crash in single player or just multiPlayer. Bf2 is a good game but it does have alot of problems with crashing etc.

BF2 crashes in both single and multiplayer. He had crashing problems with America's Army, too. I am going to try some other free games like War Rock to see if they crash as well.

What I am worried about is in both of the dump files it says
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

That sounds like either the memory is defective or it could possibly be a conflicting program. I've had him disable a bunch of processes that usually interfere with BF2 but like you said, it's a buggy game. :(

ryanman20 said:
BF2 crashes in both single and multiplayer. He had crashing problems with America's Army, too. I am going to try some other free games like War Rock to see if they crash as well.

What I am worried about is in both of the dump files it says

That sounds like either the memory is defective or it could possibly be a conflicting program. I've had him disable a bunch of processes that usually interfere with BF2 but like you said, it's a buggy game. :(

BF2 has never given me any issues. Re-install and update the patches.

You should check your RAM, Video card and drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back