Random Blackout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacal

I figured it not wise to put this problem in my previous thread.

The problem i have is, randomly this computer that i am on will just randomly blackout, as in the screen will just go blank and the system busy led will just stay on constantly if it were doing something.

First time it happened i figured it to just be that it just put itself on hibernate but when i move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard, it does not come back on.

So could i get some insight as to what is causing this problem :) thanks :p

First, make sure the connections are tight in the back of the computer and in the monitor (if you have detachable cords). When the computer blanks out, are you using any programs or anything that may cause your video card to be put to use?

You could maybe tell us what happens after a while, like, do you have to reboot and it's ok, or shut down and let it sit for a while and it's ok, or neither or both, etc.

Also, randomly but with what common things, like, 'randomly when I am gaming', or 'randomly when I am internetting', or both or neither, etc.

And, in a new thread, post ALL the computer data again if your profile has nothing in it.

Thanks.

:)

Umm its been awhile since i looked into this thing so can't really remember all the things in it :eek:

but this is what in it that i know...

Pentium 4 3ghz
1gb Ram
Lite-On Lightscribe DVD/CD Drive
Benq CD/DVD ROM Drive
PC Chips Board (not sure which model :eek: )

When it blacks out if i reboot it usually is ok after that, till it blacks out again >.< , but yeah a quick reboot and its working fine.

Another thing i noticed is that sometimes my windows will freeze when they open at first and then just go fine :( do not know why as to that also, but it usually only lasts the most 10 seconds.

I will post a hijackthis log to see if you all can tell me if there is anything bad in it (hoping there is not though :( )

I will also be running an AVG Scan in the meantime.

According to your HJT log and the Bleeping computer website, your system is infected with the W32/VB-DNI worm. I have therefore moved this thread to our Security and the Web forum

Click start/control panel/power options/hibernate and untick the box that says "Enable Hibernation" Click apply/ok

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Jacal only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back