Random blue screen and corupt files!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
athlon x2 4400, evga 7900 gtx, asus sli premium mobo, creative x-fi sound card, windows xp sp2, haupanaug hd tv tuner.

Ever since i built this computer last year i have had horrible luck getting it to run stable, It randomly blue screens and usually says IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, then say about 4 other problems. Other times programs will slow down then the screen freezes, other times the screen will go blank or it beeps and goes blank.

when i am downloading things off the internet there will be an error message when i am installing it that says the file is CORRUPTED. it will sometimes take a few downloads for the program to actually take.

For the most part games run smooth occasionally freezing up.

it got worse when i just hooked up to the internet locking up at least three times a day.

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction because i am seriously thinking of throwing it off a building.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Not the memory

I called OCZ and was about to get a replacement. I put in a stick of some 512 i had laying around and the computer still acted up.

The tech at OCZ said it could be the psu memory controller, mobo, or cpu. Is there any way of being able to check or if there is one of those that might cause it to act up like it does?

go on start/run and type in "sfc scannow" that will scan for missing or corrupt files. make sure you've got your xp disk

welll go to start/Run and type in cmd .. This should bring a black box up.. Then type in "sfc scannow" That should work

Regards Jase

i got the black screen to show then typed sfc scannow then a list with other scans with one that had /scannow i typed it and it said it couldn't recognize it or the other ones i typed in.
i was restarting today and before windows would open there was and error that said windows couldn't start because <windows root>/system32\hal.dll was missing and it couldn't continue. but then i rolled back windows and it worked fine

Do you think windows is bad and i should get vista or something

You could try to do a repair,... go in bios set to boot from cd and put your xp disk in then try do a repair.

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back