Random Blue Screen Errors :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep on Randomly getting BSOD's. I've been looking around and this seems to be the best place.

Here's my error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x0000000d, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini021107-02.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have included two minidumps of the same error, if this would help?

Any ideas? The bsod's often occur during directx 3d games and now more recently they just occur when I'm doing anything in Windows.

Usually the bugcheck you've listed is a hardware error. Run MEMTEST to test your RAM.

You can find a recent example HERE.

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!ExUuidCreate+23 )

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : sptd.sys ( sptd+5b2b )

I have recently tested the ram. I'm pretty sure it's not at fault.

Sptd.sys? If I'm correct, its a part of either Daemon tools or Alcohol 120%.
Could this be the problem?

Wow. There seem to be a LOT of errors around SPTD.SYS and other SPTD****.sys files.

I'm currently not using Daemon Tools either. It's not even installed!

I'm going to try kill it off, and report back!

Ok, some info I failed to mention.
When my PC randomly reboots, it goes into a reboot cycle. I then have to power off and wait about 10 minutes to get it to boot properly.

This led me to believe that the problem was Heating. I have been proven wrong over the last few days, because it is unbelievably cold here, and my computer has never been running at such a perfect temperature.

Poor quality cpu fans; dust, dirt, and pet hair; thermal past gone on heat sink; poor quality memory.
Despite the fact that you tested your memory, did you run the test for four hours or more?

raybay said:
Poor quality cpu fans; dust, dirt, and pet hair; thermal past gone on heat sink; poor quality memory.

I returned my laptop just before the warranty had expired, and they did a full cleanup of everything. I was still getting the errors.

raybay said:
Despite the fact that you tested your memory, did you run the test for four hours or more?

Yes, I ran the tests overnight.

I hate that you can't tell your dealer "It crashes randomly". All they do is reinstall windows and give it back :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back