Random BSoD Error, Help urgently needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random BSoD Error, Help urgently needed! (screenshot+minidump attached)

First of all I would like to say hi to everyone as this is my first post on this forum.

I've been experiencing the BSoD error that makes my pc auto restart for quite a few days already now.
Before that my pc was working perfectly without giving me any problems.

So far I have encountered Bad_Pool_Caller , Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
I have included my ss and also minidumps as attachments. Pls forgive me for the quality of the pictures as I used a camera phone and not a real camera to take the pics.
There are a lot more minidumps and pics but I think I'm limited to only 5 attachments

One thing I realised about the random restart is it only happens when I'm connected to the Net, (might just be a coincidence).
Sometimes it happens right after startup, sometimes it happens in the middle of a game, sometimes it happens when I leave the pc idle.
Aps I usually run on my pc
1) Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne(Battlenet)
2) Msn
3) IE

I've tried scanning for viruses,adwares etc. but I still failed to solve the problem. I've even obtained all the latest updates for WinXp through the microsoft windowsupdate website but I still fail to resolve the problem.

My specs are :
Processor :p4 2.4ghz
Ram : 1gig of ddr ram (512x2)
Video card : Nvidia Geforce 6600
Mobo: Asustek P4p800-x
My file system is FAT32 and I'm on WinXP SP2

Checks on the event log yielded a few results.
1: Service Control Manager Error
The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

2) Source : sptd (appeared for the most number of times on event log)
Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

For the mean time, I'm gonna try cleaning my ram slots.
I've checked the PSU,Heatsink,drivers and they're in tip top condition (supposedly).
No idea about HDD, how do I check that?

Any help would be appreciated! I can't possibly do my work if I dont get online.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Mini062107-01.zip
    20 KB · Views: 5
The sptd error is usually associated with Daemon Tools and is harmless though irritating. You should note that it is installed with Daemon BUT not uninstalled when you uninstall Daemon. It can be safely deleted if Daemon Tools has been uninstalled (which will stop the error message), but registry entries probably remain (which can also be safely deleted).

This is symptomatic of spyware. You didn't mention how many anti-spy utils you are using and which ones. I recommend 3 anti-spy utils as there are different types of spyware. Here are the 3 I recommend

• Ad-Aware 2007 Free
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware

You may also want to run AVG Anti-Rootkit.

If you still have the problem, re-post and we can try some more spyware troubleshooting techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back