Random BSOD:s, is it maybe a RAM problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I´m new on this forum and I joined mainly because every time I have a problem with my computer this forum keeps poping up to solve my answers. Well, now I have a problem that I have not been able to solve on my own and hence need youre help... I´ve been getting frequent BSOD:s and it´s been different resons each time. I suspect that it´s my RAM memorys thats acting up when thay get too hot but I´m not sure. I ran windows memtest on them but the first time it said they were ok. The second time, I ran it just after I´ve gotten a BSOD and then it failed at some of the tests, don´t remeber exactly wich ones though. First I thought it was my hard drive that was the problem because it was set on PIO mode and when i changed it the problems seemed to go away but now they´ve returned. So my question is if you can help me solv my problem, i.e determine if it´s hardware or software (and wich hardware in that case)

I´m running Windows XP and my system is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4800+ with MOBO Gigabyte Nvidia GA-K8N-SLI with the latest drivers, my hard drives is a Maxtor 6V250F0 and a Seagate ST380021A that´s tha one with my os on. My graphics card is a Point of view geforce 7800 GTX. My RAM is TWINX1024-3200C2 2x512Mb Dual DDR PC3200 400Mhz CL2 [1024TWX400C2].

What I´ve tried so far is to reinstal my chipset drivers, though I have heared that the nvidia drivers can be causing some trouble, and put a fan over my RAM:s. The BSOD seem to come when I´m playing games or at least when the computer is working hard.

I have attached the five latest minidumps and I would be ever gratefull if you could help me in solving my problem...

Thanks in advance

//Fanco

It could be ram going bad. ou might also want to check your PSU voltages with Speedfan.

I followed your advice and downloaded fanspeed. Now I am wondering which values on the voltages that is bad and how much they can be allowed to fluctuate before you can say that there is something wrong with the PSU. my voltages are the following:
Vcore1 = 1.34
Vcore2 = 2.62
+3.3V = 3.31
+5V = Varies between 2.85 (the lowest number I´ve seen so far) and 5
+12V = 12.35
-12V = Usually around -4V but varies quite a lot.
-5V = Varies from -0.1 to -5V
+5V = varies between +3 and +5V

I also have a Temp3 showing 69 degrees celsius all the time. I don´t know what temperature it is that it´s recording though...

I checked my RAM with memtest86+ and it turns out that one of my RAM were faulty. I´ve taken it out so now there is only the final test to see if my computer will behave as I want it too or go blue screen... Thanks for all the help!

Wide fluctuations in voltages is always a cause for concern. fluctuating voltages can casue all kinds of software and hardware problems. your +5 rail seems to be fluctuating quite a bit. if replacing the bad ram does not solve the problem or you have other unexplained glitches then I would consider replacing that PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back