Random BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random BSODs and System Freezes

Hi there

Got and still get random BSOD's and system freezes while working, so could someone just have a look at these minidumps please?

Yes, I cleaned and reseated the RAM (also tried different slots) and removed the dust from the inside of the tower, the fans, heatsink and ram slots.
Yes, I ran memtest, it passed several long sessions without errors.
But running prime95, there were, regardless which test I did (Blend and so on), errors in less than two minutes. And everytime I did benchmarks using prime, the computer freezes completly.
I couldn't check the system for overheating, because using MBM 5 and Everest I got very wrong results due to the fact that something's faulty with the temperature indication.
I also checked the power supply, but I don't think that is the problem, and updated the drivers.

My computer spec's:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP, 1800 MHz (13.5 x 133) 2200+
Motherboard: ECS K7VTA3 v5 5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio)
Ram: 512 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro (64 MB)
PSU: 350W

I suspect the RAM to be the problem here, but I cannot rule out the mainboard and the CPU because they could be faulty due to overheatings in summer :/

rigol

one of your minidumps points to corrupted audio drivers.

If you suspect bad ram, also run memtest 86+ booted from a floppy drive or cd rom for at least 7 passes.

I did run memtest from floppy - several hours and more than seven passes overall and got no errors.

Had a few experiments with some other ram sticks which passed prime95 for several hours in Blend mode on another computer. But seated in this one, prime still gives me "Fatal Error" after several minutes *gnah* Now my suspections finally turn to the CPU and motherbord :/

I'll check the audio drivers, nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back